Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tuesday Motivation


Getting motivated has been really hard for me lately.  It isn’t as easy as it was at the beginning. I actually went back to read my old posts about motivation, hoping to get motivated, but instead I’m slightly annoyed. How did I stay so positive? I truly believed the words I had typed, but now I’m not in the mood, or to quote my past self, the “right mental state”.

I suppose it’s normal to have motivational ups and downs. I just wish I could get back into the up.

Lacking a fitness goal, and challenge, I think may be a part of my motivational lull. I have been thinking about different goals and I haven’t decided what I think is best for me. I enjoy racing goals but for the ½ marathon in August, my goal is just to finish. It’s my first after all. And saying that I want to get fitter or healthier means nothing, because how the heck do you measure that?

I need goals.

Scott McWalter’s post about setting meaningful, life changing goals really hit home for me. But I’m still stuck about what goals I want to achieve.

For now I think I’m going to start small.
For this week my goal will be to eat one salad a day. I will post a picture of my salad each day so that I can document my progress. (and because I need you guys to keep me accountable.)

If you have any good salad recipes I would love if you could share!

P.S. Potato salad doesn’t count


No comments:

Post a Comment